Springtime Jewelry Care
Springtime Jewelry Care.
Springtime is officially here! Which means spending more time outdoors in the sunshine. Now that winter is finally over, we can get out and fun activities like swimming and gardening. Springtime activities can be especially harsh on your wedding ring, so keep that in mind and make sure you are taking proper care of them. Precious metals can become damaged because of the soft nature of the metal. Here are a few tips to ensure that your ring stays as perfect as the day you first put it on.
—Cleaning your jewelry during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak: Soap and water are usually your best option to preserve the metal. If you use an alcohol-based cleaner, make sure it is 70% alcohol, but do not use it on fine metals and gemstones. Wash each piece of jewelry for at least 20 seconds and use a soft toothbrush to get into the crevices. Soaking your jewelry in warm water with a de-greasing soap will help any jewelry/gemstone that is looking a little dingy.
—Gardening: While many of us can’t wait to dig around in the dirt to get beautiful flowers and fresh vegetables planted, be mindful of your wedding band. It can get dirty, scratched, dented or even lost. The best and easiest decision is to remove your ring and put it somewhere safe. Or try wearing gardening gloves to offer more protection.
—Swimming: Playing in the pool or a nice relaxing hot tub session is one activity that people look forward to most once the weather gets warmer. Pools and hot tubs have harsh chemicals like chlorine that can damage your ring. Normally it is best to just not wear it. You don’t want to risk changing the appearance of your ring or losing it.
—Car Washing: Can’t wait to get all the winter weather gunk off of your car? Grabbing a bucket of soapy water and getting your car nice and clean can be a relaxing spring activity. It is usually best to remove any jewelry during this activity. Wearing a ring, bracelet or necklace while washing your car can damage the finish and not to mention scratching your car and ruining the paint.
These tips apply to most jewelry, especially precious metals such as gold and silver and even some alternative metals. If you have a Serinium wedding band, however, the rules change. Serinium is scratch resistant, will not tarnish, oxidize or discolor. All classic Serinium styles will hold up in a pool or a hot tub, so you can enjoy your favorite spring activities worry free!
Barrel Aged whiskey, wine and cognac wood inlay rings
Serinium® Jewelry characteristics:
- Serinium® is ultra-hard and will last a lifetime. It’s brilliant white color will never tarnish, oxidize or yellow.
- Serinium® wedding bands are Comfort Fit bands for ultimate wearability, whether your activity is trail running, fishing, water sports, hunting, hiking, or winter outdoor activities.
- Serinium® is the next generation jewelry metal that moves beyond gold and platinum to new heights of beauty, durability and sustainability.
- Serinium® is hypoallergenic.
- Serinium® is covered by a lifetime warranty and size exchange policy.
- Serinium® is protected by U.S. Patent No. 9,289,037
- Serinium ® is hypoallergenic.
- Serinium ® is the next generation jewelry metal that moves beyond gold and platinum to new heights of beauty, durability and sustainability.