Millennial Pink – Not Just for Girls
The color pink has shown up throughout the years in different shades for different reasons. However, a certain light shade of pink has proven to be quite popular within the last few years. Does the term Millennial Pink, Tumblr Pink, or Scandi Pink mean anything to you? It should because it has been the most popular color for a few years now. Look up #MillennialPink and you’ll see that it’s everywhere.
What do you think of when you see the color pink? Feminine? Girly-girl? Most people associate pink as a color meant for girls. Walk down the doll aisle in a store and it’s every shade of pink imaginable. Or if you’ve ever gone to a baby shower where you know the baby will be a girl, you can almost bet that the decorations will be pink or the majority of the gifts will be pink (think little tutus and headbands). This is actually a fairly new development as recently as the 1940’s. Up until then, the general rule actually, was that pink was for boys and blue was for girls.
We are in a time where the millennial age does not want to be defined by gender. People are going for the more androgynous look. What was once thought of as a girly-girl color is now a more gender-neutral shade that appeals to both men and women. You will see pink in many different products, even your jewelry. Choose a Serinium® band with touches of rose gold, a Real Tree AP Pink camo inlay or a pink ceramic band that really shows off this soft shade. This light shade of pink started showing up in 2012. That was five years ago and yet we’re still seeing it everywhere. Color trends have always come and gone, but just when we thought this color was to be on its way out, it started appearing in new fashion lines within the last year or so. Millennial Pink doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
Serinium® ring characteristics:
- Serinium ® is ultra-hard and will last a lifetime. Its brilliant white color will never tarnish, oxidize or yellow.
- Serinium ® wedding bands are Comfort Fit bands for ultimate wearability, whether your activity is trail running, fishing, water sports, hunting, hiking, or winter outdoor activities.
- Serinium ® is the next generation jewelry metal that moves beyond gold and platinum to new heights of beauty, durability and sustainability.
- Serinium ® is hypoallergenic.
- Serinium ® is covered by a lifetime warranty and size exchange policy.
- Serinium ® is protected by U.S. Patent No. 9,289,037
We’re ready to connect with you and get social!